‘Tis the season to be jolly!
Where did that come from? Is it me or did it really sneak up on us this year? It doesn’t seem that long since we were wearing our shorts and barbecueing….
Well I have just the thing to warm us all back up again. Whether you fire up the smoker or simply cook them in the oven alongside the rest of your roast, these spicy little fellas are sure to add a touch of fire to your Christmas dinner.
This is a great opportunity to experiment with your brand new bottle of Life’s a Peach BBQ sauce.
If you haven’t got a bottle yet, you can grab one now on our shop page.
- 15 mini chipolatas
- 15 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 100ml Life's a Peach BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp american mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- Generous pinch of cracked black pepper
- Sesame seeds and diced jalapeno to garnish
- Combine the mustard, honey and black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Prick each sausage three times. Not only will this stop the sausages bursting, but it will allow the mustard to penetrate the meat.
- Add the sausages to the mustard bowl and mix well, until every sausage is evenly coated.
- Wrap each sausage in a rasher of bacon.
- Brush each wrapped hog generously with Life's a Peach BBQ sauce.
- Place the hogs on a roasting tray and roast for 15 minutes at 180C.
- Remove the hogs from the oven and brush them with sauce again.
- Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes at 200C.
- Remove from the oven, slather with sauce, garnish with sesame seeds and finely diced jalapenos.
- Place the hogs on a wire rack above a drip tray.
- Cook indirect for 30 minutes at 125C.
- Remove the hogs from the smoker and brush them with sauce again.
- Return to the smoker for a further 30 minutes at 170C, or internal temperature reaches 75C.
- Remove from the smoker, slather with sauce, garnish with sesame seeds and finely diced jalapenos.
- You can use regular cocktail sausages for this recipe, but I find you get a much more substantial result if you can find yourself some decent size mini chipolatas from the butchers.