The days are getting colder, the nights are getting darker, what better way to warm your cockles than with a glass of piping hot Spiked Cider?
People often ask me for suggestions on how to use our Golden Syrup. There are many options, from a glaze to a salad dressing, but this sauce really comes into it’s own when you start thinking outside the box. Spice up your tipple this winter!
Khoo’s Hot Spiked Cider
- 500 ml Cloudy or Scrumpy Cider
- 100 ml Dark Rum
- Rind and juice of one Clementine
- 10 ml Khoo's Golden Syrup
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 10 Cloves
- 10 Whole Allspice
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Set aside the dark rum. Add all of the remaining ingredients to a saucepan and gently heat for 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Take 2 large glasses and add 50ml of Dark rum to each.
- Strain the cider through a sieve and pour into the two glasses.
- Add a cinnamon stick to each glass and serve piping hot.